THOMAS GE YANG
WEB SERVICES / MOBILE APPLICATION DEVELOPER
There is no reasonable excuse for doing anything less than your best. Be Professional. Write Clean Code.
- Thomas Ge YANG
- 3415 Dawson ST, Pittsburgh
- +1 412 932 6068
Carnegie Mellon UniversityAug 2014 - May 2016
Entertainment Technology Center (ETC)
Building Virtual Worlds (Programmer)
- Created five gaming experiences as a programmer, using Unity3D with platforms such as Oculus Rift, Kinect, Google Tango, iPhone, iPad, PS Move, Leap Motion and Makey Makey.
- Designed and built, from scratch, a structured system implementing a widely used digital image processing pipeline to analyze Google Tango depth sensor raw data.
- Developed a prediction-based algorithm with rough low-pass filter to preprocess Kinect motion sensor data to improve the user experience.
- Designed and wrote a networking service for a cross-platform multiplayer game synchronizing data between four mobile devices and three computers, including the client-side prediction and a token based reconnection mechanism.
- Maintained strong team dynamics among individuals from diverse backgrounds and varied creative perspectives.
Remembering Randy Synthetic Interview (Tech Lead, Backend Programmer)
- Researched and developed a weighted multidimensional matching mechanism for a NLP-based matching system with Ruby, achieving great accuracy and efficiency even when data is not of massive magnitude.
- Drew clear map to project clients and team members and helped team standardize development process, control schedule, estimate workload and overcome technical constrains.
The Hong Kong Polytechnic UniversityAug 2009 - June 2014
BSc., Internet and Multimedia Technologies
PRNU-based Source Camera Identification System (Multi-thread, ObjC)
- Studied more than 10 research papers and developed an application for scientific research on image processing.
- Designed in a highly abstract way based on MVC software pattern to promote readability and maintenance.
Puzzle Path Finder (Game Utility, Artificial Intelligence, ObjC)
- - Conceived and developed a self-adaptive heuristic algorithm for finding the optimal solution for the well-known match-three puzzle games.
iOS Application DeveloperJune 2012 - June 2013
- Developed the iOS application ‘Jamn’ as the primary programmer. ‘Jamn’ was honored as ‘Best App of 2013’ by Apple App Store, ‘Best ICT Mobile App Gold and Grand Award’ by Hong Kong ICT, ‘Asia Smartphone Apps Contest Grand Award 2014’, and loved by millions of users. (http://getjamn.com/more-apps/multi-tool)
- Co-wrote the iOS social networking application ‘Wesnap’ and relevant backend services with Ruby on Rails. The backend also supported the Android team developing the application for Android devices.
- Researched into latest technologies and integrated the most popular frameworks in developing sophisticated and robust algorithms to solve image and audio signal related problems.
- Wrote Unit Test for system debug and optimized memory usage with Xcode Profiler.
Experienced in developing gaming experiences, mobile applications, and web services. Specifically focused on problem domain analysis and software architecture design and implementation.
Restful API Development
Objective - C
C / C++ / C#
Ruby on Rails
HTML5 / CSS3
Git / Perforce
Mandarin | Native Speaker
English | Fluent
Cantonese | Working Proficiency
- 3415 Dawson St., Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: +1 412 932 6068
- Website: www.ncgaming.net